Tuesday, November 10, 2009

New Music Tuesday 11/10/2009

Introducing a new feature to this blog: NEW MUSIC TUESDAY!!! (uesday...uesday...uesday..)
Basically I'll be reviewing the new music that becomes available on Tuesday's on iTunes.

For Your Entertainment- Adam Lambert
Not what I expected or hoped we would get from Adam Lambert's first single. I had hoped it would be along the line of his Time For Miracles song that is from the movie 2012 only uptempo and awesome. As it is his first single is going to be a hit. In fact, sure that's why they released it. The song brings to mind Britney Spears' If You Seek Amy in it's melodic line. Fast beats and nice synth will pretty much guarantee this single a place on dance floors and pop charts. Not to mention the curious buyers who will get his album simply for his AI Alum status. But artistically I feel inclined to be a little disappointed. All in all a very safe play. Like a two-base hit that's going to end up getting Adam Lambert a home run. All in all I'd say a B+ for Adam. Although to be fair, it would most likely have been an A for any one else.

Defying Gravity- Glee Cast   Rachel vs. Kurt
Rachel. Very nice. True to the original but not copy catty and this really is the vocal range where Lea Michele shines. A.
Kurt. Meh. I mean it doesn't hurt your ears to listen to. But just because you can hit those doesn't mean that your really should put it on a CD. B.
Rachel AND Kurt. Winner. I love how this was arranged. I think their voices together when they do harmonies are BEAUTIFUL! All I've wanted to do since I heard this song was find a soprano or another mezzo and just sing sing sing. A+.

0 comments: