Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Because This Makes Me Happy

Since I have to park all the f away and since I cannot be later than 2 minutes early to work without getting into trouble, I find myself parking in the meters for the first hour of every business day. Then for my morning break, I drive my car to Cartagena and walk back to work. It’s a tremendously exciting event. (Not)
However, today the walk back was totally awesome. There were some fireman down the road a wee bit and they had opened a fire hydrant. Why firemen do this sometimes is something I just don’t know. What I do know is that some firemen did this once to the fire hydrant by where I lived and it was the most awesome thing that ever happened. So today as I was walking on my way back  (in my dress), I walked splashily through the hydrant water and had a marvelous time. And the rest of my day thus far has been fantastic.

Moral of this story: whenever possible pretend like you are a child from a borough in New York City and play in hydrant water. It will make your life awesome.

 

1 comments:

Alison Wonderland said...

Why do they do that? And why don't they ever do it at the hydrant in front of my house? That would be fun.