Friday, January 21, 2011

Hey BUSt a Move

So the other day I had to walk to the local kinkos to make copies. It was a very very very bad day. I was super stressed because I didn't feel like my project (the need for the copies mentioned above) was going very well and I was running right up to my deadline. I had worked on it the night before and I had slept very little. (Which isn't too weird for me since I am almost a vampire.) But since I went to bed late, I overslept a little and thus missed my opportunity to shower. So...I looked terrible. I was wearing these awful jeans (my only clean pair) that make my butt look hugenormous because the pockets puff up all funny right on the bum. And also make my legs look impossibly short (even shorter than normal) because they used to be way too long so we tried to hem them but we went a little too far and now they are floody. And I was wearing let's just call it...my ugly shirt. Not a good look.
So I make my copies and start walking back to work. I am thinking to myself "I hate this day so much! Why isn't it tomorrow already!" when the orange hand turns to the white walking dude and I cross the street.
As I am crossing the street there is a bus stopped at the red light. In the bus is a pretty attractive 20-something bus driver. And he mouths to me through his closed window "How are you?" And I just sort of smile and keep walking to the other side of the street. I have to cross the other way so I'm waiting for the light to change.
As I am waiting, I look over out of the corner of my eye at the bus. Mr. Hottipants Bus Driver is just staring at me. It kind of freaked me out. Not that he was like leering but that he was gawking at me on my ugly day. So I moved so some other person waiting to cross the street was blocking me from the bus driver's view. And then the bus driver inched the bus forward til he could see me again! It was utterly bizarre. Then the light changed and I walked across the street and he turned left away from me. But it was so weird! I mean really...it was an ugly day. Maybe I'm cuter than I had originally thought

2 comments:

Alison Wonderland said...

Ours is not to question why. Just go with it, sister.

Mike said...

hahaha! I'm so glad you posted this story, but it would have been funnier if he was leering at you. Especially if he leers like you. :)