Thursday, January 20, 2011

Movies Movies Movies

The cable has been broken at my house. Since we have cable, naturally we don't have an antenna. I have thus been without the ability to waste my time watching television and furthermore missed the first JLo episode of American Idol last night. I know...it's upsetting to me too. Since I have had all this time on my hands I've compiled a list. A list! Oh how exciting! I've been so missing Amber's lists! Dear Reader, it you're right. It has been a while since I last posted a list. So here you are. A list of my favorite movies sorted by most favorite 1 through 25. (Note: This is my list of favorites as preferred by me at this current time. The list can change. But be aware that the top 3 have been locked for the past, oh, 10 years or so.)

1       THE PHILADELPHIA STORY
2       STAR WARS EPISODE V: THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK
3       SLEEPLESS IN SEATTLE
4       NORTHANGER ABBEY
5       STARDUST
6       HAIRSPRAY: THE MOVIE MUSICAL
7       WILLOW
8       YOU AGAIN
9       SHE’S THE MAN
10      DIRTY DANCING
11      FERRIS BUELLER'S DAY OFF
12      SERENITY
13      THE PRINCESS BRIDE
14      SOMEWHERE IN TIME
15      I.Q.
16      CASABLANCA
17      PRIDE AND PREJUDICE (A&E)
18      THE SOUND OF MUSIC
19      BEAUTY AND THE BEAST
20      ROMANCING THE STONE
21      WHILE YOU WERE SLEEPING
22      GREASE
23      SEVEN BRIDES FOR SEVEN BROTHERS
24      IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE
25      SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL SHERIFF    

HONORABLE MENTIONS:
MOULIN ROUGE, THE SORCERER’S APPRENTICE, NOW AND THEN, 17 AGAIN, BRINGING UP BABY, GIDGET, ENCHANTED, THE PRINCE OF PERSIA, ANASTASIA, MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING (KENNETH BRANAUGH), TOY STORY 3, NOISES OFF, GROUNDHOG’S DAY, BACK TO THE FUTURE, SCOOP, NEWSIES, GHOSTBUSTERS, FLIPPED, NOTTING HILL, THE FIFTH ELEMENT, BILL & TED'S EXCELLENT ADVENTURE, ARSENIC AND OLD LACE, THE VILLAGE, BLAST FROM THE PAST, WHAT'S UP DOC?

So fair readers...what do you think of that list?

2 comments:

LindseyWatts said...

I LOVE that list!! Except, support your local sherriff isn't on it! Haha! Seriously though, I'm way interested in idol this time around. I watched a few min of it last night and Steven Tyler is hi-larious!

I miss you p.s. Can we play? I prob can't this weekend, but if you have Cable next week can I come over for idol? I'll text you!

Alison Wonderland said...

Love it. I'm not sure about the order of some of them but then I'm completely incapable of putting any kind of order on things like that so I can't really disagree with you either.