Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Sometimes I find there really is nothing better than a good playlist to get you through the day. This is the first playlist of what I am sure will be many. So I hope y'all enjoy. And while I'm at it...here is some rockin' Shakespeare just for fun.
Sweet Moon, I thank thee for thy sunny beams; I thank thee, Moon, for shining now so bright; For, by thy gracious, golden, glittering gleams,I trust to take of truest Thisby sight. But stay, O spite! But mark, poor knight, What dreadful dole is here! Eyes, do you see? How can it be? O dainty duck! O dear! Thy mantle good, What, stain'd with blood! Approach, ye Furies fell! O Fates, come, come, Cut thread and thrum; Quail, crush, conclude, and quell!
O wherefore, Nature, didst thou lions frame? Since lion vile hath here deflower'd my dear: Which is--no, no--which was the fairest dame That lived, that loved, that liked, that look'd with cheer. Come, tears, confound; Out, sword, and wound The pap of Pyramus; Ay, that left pap, Where heart doth hop: Thus die I, thus, thus, thus. Now am I dead, Now am I fled; My soul is in the sky: Tongue, lose thy light; Moon take thy flight: Now die, die, die, die, die.
That is the "Pyramus" part from the play within the play of  A Midsummer Night's Dream. Once upon a time, I am pretty sure that I was the best Pyramus ever. The end.
PS I can't believe I learned that whole thing AND managed to die all over the place while reciting. I was amazing.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Yay! I love Lisa Loeb! It made me happy you included her!

Alison Wonderland said...

You still are.