Monday, September 21, 2009

Neil Patrick Harris

How much do I love NPH? So much. Let's discuss...

1. Doogie Howser, M.D. I only recently watched DHMD for the first time a couple of weeks ago. And let's just say that yeah it's hokey, yeah I hate Wanda, but man...I love that show. Acid washed jeans, high-top Nike's, lab coats, big hair, and actually pretty compelling cases. Not to metion Vinnie aka RaceTrack from Newsies is in that show. And my mom and I have created the Doogie Howser recap game. "What is this game?" you ask. Why, it's just like it sounds! You try to guess what Doogie will type on his blue screen. His little nuggets of wisdom.

"Helping a little kid got me fired. Public opinion got me rehired. I realize medicine is a business...but the best part of all is listening to your heart..."
2. Barney Stinson. How I Met Your Mother. I mean seriously everyone on that show is funny. Well except for Ted. And Robin. And sometimes Lily. Okay so Marshall and Barney are both really funny. But Barney wins. I mean he has catch phrases and theories. The crazy hot scale. The Bro Code. His blog. The Lemon Law. (It's going to be a thing.) Not to mention he taught men the world around to "Suit Up." Remember his suit pajamas. Genius. I mean, NPH as Barney Stinson is wait for it...
"Legen...wait for it and I hope you're not lactose intolerant because the second part of this word is...dary."
3. Dr. Horrible. HahaHaaaheha. That's my attempt at typing the laugh. Really this is the biggest reason why I love NPH. Pretty much anyone teaming up with Joss Whedon ends up being loved by me. Let's see where to begin. The laugh. I mean you've got to have a memorable laugh, that's about standards. Singing. His little shoulder dance...its genius. I mean honestly just watch it. But be warned
. Penny dies. But I hope somehow she either didn't really die or she comes back in the sequel a la Catwoman and is an awesome villain or hero herself
.
"The world is a mess...and I...just...need to rule it."
I also just realized...all of those characters keep a record on the computer. His journal as Doogie, his blog in HIMYM, and naturally his sing-a-long-blog. Wow. That's actually pretty fun.

3 comments:

A said...

NPH for the win! His Tony Award song and performancie in last nights Emmy's... it was amazing! Best commercial ever, "I'm hosting the 2009 Emmy's. Your welcome America."(insert cheesy grin)

For My Little Family said...

I want to know what the person said who's comment got deleted...

Jenn said...

I don't LOVE Neal Patrick Harris (don't hate him either, he's pretty funny), but I do love Amber's blog!! If there were Bloggy's (award show for blogs) Amber would definitely get one. And if she didn't, for some crazy reason, Kanye would be there to steal the mic and say "Amber should've won, blog blog blog." I mean...blah blah blah!