Saturday, September 19, 2009

Indian Food

Evidently I do not like Indian food.

I went to a really good Indian food place for dinner tonight with my family and my good friend Tosher. I have never had Indian food before and thought it would be good to try as many different things as possible. We got a sampler of their appetizers.

So far so good. There was this one thing that was basically a chicken finger with honey-mustard inside. Which was weird but I can handle that. And then like deep fried stuffing, and an onion ring sort of thing. And I was thinking yeah "I can do this." And then there was the deep fried pea sort of thing. That left me with the same I'm drowning and breathing too much air feeling that I get when I drink Horchata.

I thought I'd be safe going with chicken something. Nope. Totally had mangos in it. And I found out...I don't like mangos. Also found out that I don't like curry. Nor do I like saffron. My oldest sister got some lamb thing that was pretty good. And her husband got the best tasting thing at the table...it was chicken and okay. I think it was called masala? But it too left me with Horchata essence.

The naan was bueno. But honestly its like a fat tortilla. How could you mess that up?

1 comments:

For My Little Family said...

Haha, you're funny. I love Indian food :)