Tuesday, September 29, 2009

'Til Now I Always Got By On My Own

So I want to make a CD of all powerhouse lady songs that are just made to be sung at the top of your voice, filled with love unrequited or love lost or love denied, and you know just totally awesome. Why? you may ask. Because Glee has released the most amazing selection on Glee Cast. I mean Alone, Taking Chances, Somebody To Love, Maybe This Time...a-freaking-mazing.

So I have decided to make a "You don't love me but I'm still sassy"/"You don't love me but your scorn fills me with so much passion that it's still awesome"/"You don't love me but I'm going to hold a radio over my head outside your window til you do"/"You love me, I love you, but this can never be DANG" mix.

Alone by Heart but I think I'd use Alison Iraheta's from Idol.
Taking Chances by Lea Michelle from Glee because I hate Celine Dion mostly and this song rocks my world
One of the Boys by Katy Perry
Gimme Gimme from Thoroughly Modern Millie
Fences by Paramore
On My Own from Les Miserables
Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again from Phantom Yeah yeah it's about her dad but forget that part and it totally fits
7 Things I Hate About You by MiCy Yes I don't like her...yes it's mean about little Nick Jonas. BUT IT'S FUN TO SING!
Call Me When You're Sober by Evanescence
Big Girl's Don't Cry by Fergie Ferg
Take a Bow by Rihanna

Please share your suggestions. I'm not super happy with what I've come up with.

0 comments: