Thursday, November 19, 2009

Of My Own AcCORD aka RIP Meep

Technically I've had a terrible day thus far. Upon arriving to work my computer froze on the start up screen. The next thing that happened is really more a series of occurrences. My computer has been acting fidgety and erratic. It works great and really fast one minute and then the next minute it take 40 years to change applications. Very frustrating to say the least. But nothing that is abnormal or pull your hair out crazy. Until my mouse died. Her name was Meep. She loved painting while we were on the phone and loved resting in the basket up by my pending documents, watching over everything I did in her little perch. We laughed, we played, and she was ever reliable (unlike her ragamuffin of a twin brother Raoul, my keyboard, who randomly one day decided to rearrange the function of all his keys and made the 7 be an e, the e a space, the 8 an a, etc). So you can understand how upsetting it is losing a friend, an ally, a sister at arms. RIP Meep. I hope you can be fixed. However, until such a time as I get a new wireless mouse I am using a CORDED mouse. And I have never been more frustrated by any inanimate object in my life. The cord gets, like, stuck on things. It doesn't run smoothly and only clicks ever second or third click. And worst of all...the track ball (of course it's not a laser/optic mouse) literally wheezes whenever I move it. EHm. EHm. EHm. That is a very accurate depiction of the sound the mouse actually makes. I'm naming it Ouiser. After Shirley MacLaine's character in Steel Magnolias. I was going to paint another picture for you fine folks while I returned phone calls this afternoon. Not anymore. EHm.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe you should write books! i would totally buy them and read them! :)

LindseyWatts said...

this is truly a sad day.

Alison Wonderland said...

Oh Ambular, I love thee.