Monday, December 28, 2009

A Year in Retrospect

The Top Ten Things of My 2009:

1. Angus, Thongs, and Perfect Snogging. Yes ladies and gentleman, the rumors are true. The LONG awaited film is now available in the US of A. Technically you can't buy the DVD until January 19, 2010...but you can buy it on iTunes (here) and rent from your local rentary right now. RESULT!



2. This Is It! Oh MJ RIP. But I am grateful for all you made and that I was able to see the genius behind the genius. That movie was so so so so good.



3. Sam Worthington. Yum. Mr Terminator Salvation/Avatar himself. Really he's so good looking and I cannot wait until he is in a movie where he is simply a man. We'll have to wait awhile for that however since his next movie is Clash of the Titons...he's Perseus...so a God  not a Man. And sure he's been in other things...but they're all rated R or not rated and sketchy looking. But he's beautiful and I thank you 2009 for bringing him to my attention.



4. Jamba Juice and Jared my Jamba Juice Dealer. I've always loved my Jamba (peach pleasure, extra strawberries) so it's not that Jamba was new to me in 2009. But there was a Jamba Juice resurgance and Jared helped make it stick. I am now a regular. I walk in. Jared says "Hi Amber. Original Peach Pleasure, extra strawberries, energy boost." To which I reply with something witty and an affirmative. "$4.96" And since Jared likes me so much, instead of throwing out the extra smoothie, he upsizes my cup to the power size and wishes me a happy day. Best trip ever.



5. Roller Derby. Yes. I bought roller skates. I found people to be on my derby team. All I need is to practice, practice, practice. And I will be AWESOME. Special thanks to Drew Barrymore for teaching me how awesome derby really is and inspiring me to "be my own hero." Bam. Whip It!



6. Buffy the Vampre Slayer and Angel. Once again by no means a new thing. However...I just watched these epic TV shows for the first time this past summer. I promise you...I'm in LOVE. Spike, Angel, Xander, Wesley. Awesome. And Anya and Fred. Really the rest of the characters are not my favorite but I like them all. And BOY do Joss Whedon's actors know how to die on screen. It's incredible. I sort of think he might actually kill them. If he didn't recycle his actors so much I really would be worried. And it's so funny. Invest your time. Then once you're really hooked...watch Firefly  and Dollhouse.



7. Netflix. Holy moses! I love Netflix. Without you I would never have watched Buffy or Angel. Or have seen Camille with James Franco and Sienna Miller. Or watched a bunch of really stupid movies which ended up being pretty good.



8. Foyle's War. Probably the single best TV show to come from Britain. Michale Kitchen is amazing. And I love, love, love Honeysuckle Weeks as Sam. She's a-freaking-dorable. That show is just so carefully crafted and subtle. Full of dry wit. And Foyle expresses so much with just a lift of the eyebrow. Not to mention how much I love Paul and Andrew. Honestly if you haven't seen it...get a netflix account and put it in your queue. It's fantastic.



9. Bones. Readers of my blog should already know how much I love Bones. But it's the greatest show currently on television. When Chuck, Psych, or White Collar come back on it will have some stiff competition but right now its an easy choice. Booth, Brennan, Angela (most of the time), Hodgens, Zaccaroni, Cam, Sweets, the interns, and dear sweet Gordon Gordon. Bones all the way baby!



10. David Boreanaz. Is there really anything to say. I mean he's in Buffy, Angel, AND Bones. Plus he's gorgeous.




Random Honorable Mentions:
GLEE. Carrie and Tosh get home. Bawls Engery Drink. Su Casa Boo Casa. Nice -hidden- looks. Real Salt Lake beats the LA Galaxy for the whole enchilada. Nieces. HIMYM. The really great Penguin story. Anne. Jason and Lindsey. Rachel and Joey. Daniel gets home. I got bangs. New Moon. HPatHBP. I was Hagrid. Eric is the Deputy of Sour Dough. Daisies that last for weeks and weeks in the vase. 21. John Francis Daley. Spring Break Advance Team. CARCASSONE. Doctor Who. Beatles Rock Band. Still Crazy for Swayze. Fun with Paint. The Chipettes. Party in the USA. Fran Kranz. Amy Acker. JoBros. Freaks and Geeks. I totally saw Frankie. Jill and Jennica. Smurphs. Little Bunny Foo-Foo. It's dark, cold, and scary. And as usual....emilies, rachel, family, and itunes.

3 comments:

LindseyWatts said...

love this and honored to be mentioned

Kate said...

Umm you have good taste.

Actually, your taste pretty much just matches mine, which everybody knows is just another way of saying you have really good taste.

Just so you know.

Alison Wonderland said...

Mmmm... David Boreanaz.