Wednesday, August 31, 2011

You Look Ravishing...

The other day, the cleaning lady said to me "Do you want to be ravished?"
Umm excuse me, cleaning lady! What kind of a question is that?
You can imagine by shock and appallment.  (Is that a word now? I hope so.) It's not every day I get asked things like this. Actually, I have never been asked something like this before in my life. So why now? Why today? Is it because my hair looks so good? (I invested the time and wore curlers to bed last night.) Is it because I'm wearing an adorable yellow sweater? (It's very cute.) Is it this new perfume? (Seductive Amber by Victoria's Secret...how could I not have bought it?) A winning combination of all three?
But in answer to your question, cleaning lady: Who doesn't want to be ravished (in a good way) at some point. But no I do not want to be ravished right now. And especially not by you. Sheesy louisey!
You can't fool me with that innocent "can I clean something" smile.

In retrospect...she might have actually said "Do you have garbage?" Oops.