Thursday, September 15, 2011

Things I Learned From Movies

LESSON FIVE:
"Nothing's more irresistible to a man than a woman who's in love with him."

This line comes from the classic film, The Sound of Music. The Baroness tells this to Maria during the party after Maria and Captain Von Trapp dance. Now we all know that the Baroness and the Nazis are the antagonists of this film so we can't just straight up believe her...but I've always though this was true. I mean after all, Maria is in love with the Captain and she gets him, while the Baroness is fond of the Captain and she gets the boot.
So the real question is, can this advice be trusted? Well who cares. I have always believed it's true, so it must be true. But I'm starting to question the validity of this. After all, I have spent my life openly flaunting my affection for boys without a single one of them finding me irresistible. Maybe I don't really love them so it doesn't work. Maybe I'm just not Julie Andrews. Either way...I'm starting to think Baroness Schraeder lied to me.

Maybe if I can accomplish this expert level of "staring adoringly," then I will be irresistible.

1 comments:

LindseyWatts said...

yeah, work on the stare, that might be the key