Thursday, June 14, 2012

Spirited Away

I blame Laura. Not my mom Laura, but my friend Laura. 
I was driving down the road when suddenly I felt the presence of a spirit. Not a mean presence or a happy presence. Just a presence that was wholly other than me. I went to my home and my friend Laura came over. She told me I had a gift and that if I used it I would be helping people.
We tried to contact the presence I had felt earlier in my car. Then I felt my emotions change and I felt as though I were someone else. I was still me and still felt like me. But it was as though there were two entire consciousnesses residing inside of my. It was weird and I didn't like it. But I could tell the other lady did. I could feel the female presence enjoying the sensation of existing. The sensation of being. I could feel the other presence growing comfortable in my skin. I could feel her gaining more control over my body.
Laura helped me break the connection. But I could feel the other presence lingering around me. Pressing in on my skin. Trying to feel her way back into being.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/0/0d/Brown_lady.jpg/250px-Brown_lady.jpgLaura was very excited and wanted to try again. I said that I would not do it and I told the presence that it should leave because I would not be acknowledging it again. Laura left, angry that I would not try.
The presence was there. Trying to make me give in. I put on headphones and turned on some music. I painted my toenails. I was successfully ignoring the presence.
Then I felt a furious thundering. The fan in the corner of the room was spinning uncontrollably. I unplugged it. It kept going. I ran to find my mother. The fan, still whirring, was following me. I crashed into my mother's room panicking and out of breath.
"What's the matter?" she said.
The fan flew up into the ceiling with a hard thwack.

And that is when I woke up freaking out. 
I tried to calm myself down and say it was just a dream. But no. I couldn't do that. So after about an hour of tossing and turning, I heard a noise in my room that I could only describe as ghost or mouse (or as I realized in the morning...my balloon that I got for my birthday being blown by my fan and scraping against my wall). I hurried to go sleep in my mother's room since my room was clearly haunted. 
I'm happy to report that I was not possessed by a ghost thing. And I feel really grateful about that.
So in closing I want to say...love the skin you're in. Don't share it with ghosts. It's yours so take care of it. Also, you are never too old to get so freaked out by a nightmare that you can't sleep in your room alone.

0 comments: