Tuesday, August 10, 2010

The Politics of Parking

At my place of business we have a parking hierarchy. Newer employees park about a block a way and the most senior employees park inside the building, with various parking promotions along the way. If four people senior to me die, quit, get fired, or start taking the bus then I get to park under the building.
This is a diagram of the parking.



  1. Is where everyone wants to park. It’s in the building. It’s temperature controlled. It’s covered parking. It’s prestigious.
  2. Is where I currently park. It’s a giant outdoor parking lot. Located just behind our building.
  3. Is where I used to park. But we stopped being allowed to park in the parking complex and now must park in the scorching tropical sun.
  4. Is where I parked before C. It is another outdoor parking lot. Just across the street. So it’s not too bad.
  5. The outdoor parking lot where the newest employees park. It is like hazing. Because you park so far away.

They are now kicking me out of B. It wasn’t enough being forced from the love that was C. But two other ladies and I are being banished from B to a new place. We’ll call it F. Let me update the diagram.



Now I don’t know if you can tell. BUT F IS ALL THE WAY IN SPAIN. And in the meantime, we can’t walk from behind our building to get to B before they move us to F…no, no, we have to walk AROUND the block…clockwise…to get to B from my job. I feel like quitting. I won’t but dangit…where is the justice when the parking hierarchy has been destroyed in such a manner. I cry “VENGEANCE!” Who’s with me?

6 comments:

Tosh said...

I used to park in a parking lot a little farther down than E, and across the street. That was for the new employees back when I used to work there, then at one point I parked in E I think. But F sounds even farther and I feel very bad for you girl. Maybe you will have to stop at Planet Fitness on the way to or from work from now on. I here they have good things there too!

Anonymous said...

What the crap? Who do they think they are?

Anonymous said...

I have been here for over 10 years and I will have to park in F as well. So, I feel your pain. Bugs me that those punks in Corporations who haven't been around very long park downstairs. I guess it's better to work in a place that has a lot of turnover if you want a good parking spot. Punks.

Anonymous said...

Having just been upgraded from E to D.....I'm feeling fantastic! muah ha ha....Finally being the low man on the totem pole is paying off!

Sash said...

you are highly entertaining. and I'm sorry for your new forced parking place. All I could hear was Kevin from the office when they had to park away from the building and walk a few blocks to work...

"I will QUIT! As God is my witness... I will QUIT!"

Alison Wonderland said...

You can't go back to D?