Monday, October 18, 2010

Hi kids, I'm Back!

I say that in my best Arnold Schwarzenegger as Mr. Kimball in Kindergarten Cop voice. What does this mean? This means I am out of my slump. I am back in the New York Groove. I'm firing on all cylinders. Heck! I'm freaking fantastic! Why? Because I have found something to really look forward to.
This morning when I came into work "Jenn" told me about an audition for my dream role. Now honestly most everyone who knows me says that I am pretty much the real life version of Tracy Turnblad...and they're right. And I have always wanted to be Tracy. And in November there are going to be two auditions at two different theaters for Hairspray. Odds are that I will get one of them right? Right? Right. So not only would I get to be Tracy...my dream role. And get to sing "Mama I'm a Big Girl Now" and "Good Morning Baltimore" and "I Can Hear the Bells". BUT I would also KISS the gentleman who is playing Link Larkin! That's right...I'd finally kiss someone too. I mean sure it would just be a stage kiss...but at this point I'm counting it.
So I have you know a while to prepare and get ready for the big audition. Anyone have ideas of what I could sing? Just so you know...I'll rock whatever you throw my way...
So when I tell y'all that I am Tracy...anyone who actually knows me should come see  me in my super fabulous play. 

And if I for some reason don't get it...expect my blog to become completely morose.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

LOVE IT! That will be completely awesome when you get the role of Tracy and I will definitely come and cheer you on.
I definitely have show-envy right now. I just have to remind myself that I'm not in that 'season' right now.
For your audition song, definitely sing something sassy. What's your range?
A few ideas:
"You Can't Get A Man With A Gun"
"Don't Rain On My Parade"
"Everything's Coming Up Roses"
"Johnny One Note" (SO fun to sing!)
"I Want To Be Bad"

Lindsey said...

Of course, those are just show-tune options; you could always do a song from the 60's....I'll have to think about it.