Monday, March 22, 2010

Just Catching Up

Well it has been quite some time. Let's see...since I last blogged I nearly died from some curious disease and went on a short trip. Not in that order. In honor of both I will give you two lists:

Things to Remember When on Vacation:
1. A swimming suit (or if you're old school a "bathing" suit). I don't care if you go to the North Pole...Santa is probably going to have a hot tub, or hot spring, or something where swimming will happen. Just bring one.
2. Easy slip on shoes. Because tying your laces takes too long. Especially if you happen to be the sort of person who take 45 years to put on your shoes and tie them. I'm not going to give an example but let's just say you have a friend, let's call him Tosh, and let's just say he takes at least 3 minutes to put on his shoes. 3 minutes is actually a really long time if you're waiting for someone. So just cut out that wait with slip on shoes.
3. A flashlight. Odds are you will end up out in nature or wandering around somewhere that doesn't have lights at night and you'll want it. Just be sure you don't let your friend, let's call him Mike, use your flashlight because they probably will "accidently" drop it off a 50 foot cliff where it will subsequently shatter into 27 pieces.
4. Cell phone charger. Because is there anything worse then when your phone dies?
5. More socks than you will think you'll need. They get dirty. And you'll wish you had listened.
6. All of your belongings on the return trip home. Make a list if you have to but there is nothing worse than "Oh no! My shoes!" So just make sure you've got everything.

How You Know You're Very Ill:
1. You are too exhausted to point the remote at the TV to change the channel so you end up watching the first half of Four Brothers with the commercials.
2. Handy Manny starts looking pretty darn good. As in..."Hey, Handy Manny...want to grab something to eat later. Maybe catch a show?"
3. You would rather be a work.
4. You're on the verge of crying because you just don't seem to be getting any better.
5. You finally get caught up on Sonny With a Chance and cannot wait to find out if those crazy kids Sonny and Chad can make it work.
6. Soup seems like too much to eat.
7. Every blanket from your house some how winds up in your bed.

And well there were more things but my lunch is almost over so...THE END.

3 comments:

LindseyWatts said...

yay update. also, remember last year when you had to buy a swim suit?

Lindsey Buck said...

Ha this made me laugh, I just got off of a vacation too and was sick right after. Sorry, you don't know me, but I thought I'd say hi! Keep it up, I'll keep looking in. :)

Mike said...

Thanks for the reminder about the flashlight and shoes, I'm sure that will help in the future... :)