Monday, June 14, 2010

Things I Learned From Movies

"Johnny Lingo had 8 cow, trade it for an ugly wife. Johnny Lingo's married now, he'll be sorry all his life." 
I am a movie person. And as such movies have really shaped my life. This short film really helped shape my self image as a child. However not how you'd think. This movie did NOT make me think "Oh man you're so great." Or "it's what's inside that counts." What I got out of this movie was "Once you get a man you'll be a total babe." You see after the traumatic skating rink incident in the fifth grade, I always felt sure I was just unlikable. I thought "MahAmber you ugly." And really that's all that mattered. I considered myself an 1/8 cow woman. And whenever any one was like "Oh I'm sure boys like you," I would think to myself...
"They mock me."
But since that time I have discovered...I'm freaking AMAZING. I mean have you been reading my blog? I'm awesome. Plus I was watching home videos of myself...and I'm hilarious in person too. Basically all I'm saying is though I completely missed the point of this movie as a kid, I get it now. And I'd have to say that I probably would be a 9 cow wife. Maybe 9 and the horn and tail of a tenth.

Here is the movie in all it's glory on youtube.


PS Once she's all "hot", Mahana looks like Tiger Woods kind of.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Mahana does look like Tiger Woods! HAHAHAHA! I will NEVER be able to look at her the same now! :)

Lindsey said...

Good stuff! My mom nearly married Johnny Lingo's younger brother....can you imagine what I would look like?!

Alison Wonderland said...

"MahAmber you ugly." Stop, stop, you're killing me!