Monday, June 21, 2010

Ebb and Flow

Time. It's a funny thing. When something SUCKS it seems like the time takes forever. And when something is awesome...usually it's over in the blink of an eye. This day has lasted 105 years. I am now 127 years old. I think I look pretty good for my age, if I do say so myself. But in all seriousness, this long horrible day reminded me of a "Reading Section" of a Standardized Test I took once back in middle school. This was part of the story:

A minute seems like no time at all when you're eating ice cream, but can feel like an eternity if a cow is standing on your foot.
Honestly what ever person wrote that gem...deserves a prize. It has stuck with me all these years. And still gives me a little chuckle whenever I think of it. And I think of it often.

3 comments:

Mike said...

Oh my! I think I remember that test! ...wow

Lisa Bo Bisa said...

So true my friend!! :)

Alison Wonderland said...

My day yesterday was also 105 years long. Which makes me ... still older than you. (In fact, I think I would have taken a cow standing on my foot over that stupid day.) Here's hoping for a fast one today.